Oviss built a one of a kind subscription model (hardware as a service) to make it easy for clients to obtain our service and have peace of mind knowing that everything they purchase is fully covered by Oviss. Under our subscription model, Oviss provides the DVR/NVR system free of upfront cost, and based on current promotions some cameras may be included free of any upfront cost as well. In return, you get our Oviss Lifetime Warranty, Lifetime Tech Support over the phone and online, Lifetime on-Site Visits for repairs without paying for an hourly service charge for all items that are covered under warranty and the subscription. Service charges may apply for those items not covered under warranty or altered by a third party.
This is the best part, Oviss believes in being able to keep its clients, so we don’t try to hide behind a 5 year term agreement. We put you on a simple month to month agreement, so that you have the freedom of cancelling anytime without any cancellation charges. Just give us a 30 day notice in writing. Email your account manager or give us a call to find out who to send a cancellation notice to. See we keep things simple and easy! All we care about is making our clients happy using our services.
Monthly subscription fee provides coverage for the following:
- Lifetime Warranty on All OVISS Equipment (weather its purchased by you or under subscription)
- Lifetime Tech Support – Anytime you have an issue we are a simple call
- Lifetime On-Site Visits to service any OVISS Equipment without a service (does not cover any physical damage, theft, equipment that has been altered from its original condition, serviced by third party or was removed due to remodel/construction.)
- OVISS Equipment (Hardware as a Service) – You will receive an OVISS DVR/NVR w/ included hard drives, POE Switches/Power Box, and OVISS Apps
- You may also receive OVISS CAMERAS as part of the Subscription package based on your subscription.
- Any equipment that you purchased and paid an upfront cost for, is owned by you. However Warranty, Tech Support, and On-Site Visits for repairs are fully covered under the subscription plan
No, any equipment provided under the subscription (hardware as a service), that is not charged an upfront cost for, is property of OVISS and will remain the property of OVISS unless it’s purchased and paid for.
However, any equipment that you paid for on the invoice and purchased is yours to keep. Even at the end of the agreement or term, any equipment that is the property of OVISS is not owned by you.
No problem, under the subscription plan we allow you to take up to 12 months of payments and apply them for full credit towards the purchase price. You can change your mind anytime you like, however we can only provide you with full credit for up to 12 months. Any payments made older than 12 months will receive 50% credit towards the purchase price. So you have a full 12 months to decide, or even longer should you wish to change your mind.
Lifetime warranty here at OVISS is defined as providing full coverage with minimal exceptions on the hardware provided by OVISS for up to 15 years from the date of purchase. After the 15 years, if the model has been discontinued or END OF LIFE has been announced we will gladly upgrade the device to the newer model with only a 25% of the cost for purchased products. However, for products under the OVISS subscription plan, we will continue to upgrade equipment as long as you are subscribed to OVISS service without any additional fees or charges
Oviss Tech support provide a wide range of services, including but not limited to:
- Issues related to services not functioning (Mobile app is not working)
- Issues related to hardware not working (camera is not working, DVR/NVR stopped working)
- Need a recording for an incident to be backed up
- Had a change in my internet service provider or modem was changed, Now I can’t see my cameras
- General questions of how do I do something
- Need additional Training on how to use the system
- Need to add or delete credentials (username and password) for an employee
- Need to add authorized users to my account
- I miss you guys, and just feel like talking, we are here for that as well…
- Anything else, you think we can help with simply give us a call, we are here for
No, as long as none of the excluded items have occurred, you do not pay a service charge for us to service your equipment. It’s our promise to provide you with Lifetime On-Site Visits to service any OVISS Equipment without a service charge. However there are few exclusions that we will not cover: any physical damage, theft, equipment that has been altered from its original condition, serviced by a third party, attempted to self-service or was removed/damaged/cut due to remodel/construction.
Yes, your month to month agreement can be cancelled anytime with a 30 day written notice to OVISS emailed to your account manager, or give a call for further questions. At the time of cancellation, we will request that all equipment belonging to OVISS be returned back to OVISS in working condition. A final bill will be sent for any equipment that is not returned in a timely manner or is missing/damaged. But of course, we don’t want to see you go so please do give us a call and tell us the reason for your cancellation. If there is something we can work out for you, we would appreciate the opportunity to do so. After all we love keeping our clients happy.
Absolutely NOT, we don’t believe in penalizing you, so there are no cancellation charges. We just ask that you return our equipment back to us in a working condition (wear and tear is expected). Should you wish to have an OVISS tech remove the equipment on your behalf we can certainly arrange that for you.
Should you wish to have an OVISS tech remove the equipment on your behalf we’d be happy to assist you. However yes, there will be an equipment removal fee applied at current hourly service rate. Please give us a call to arrange this and ensure safe return of OVISS equipment.
At the time of cancellation, you are free to inquire about purchasing the equipment, its cost to purchase, and cancel the service. We’d be happy to quote you on the purchase price and taking into account the payments you have already made. Otherwise, all equipment that is property of Oviss under the Oviss Subscription must be returned back to Oviss within 15 days from cancellation effective date (cancellation effective date is at the end of your 30 day notice date).