PASSWORD PRIVACY AND
1. COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
OVISS Labs Inc. provides products and services including surveillance systems, alarm systems, POS registers, and digital signage. We know that you care about how your information is used and shared. OVISS Labs Inc. is in the security and surveillance business to help protect you. At times, we may need access to certain data on your DVR, PC, tablet, mobile phone or other applicable device. We respect your right to privacy. We want to make sure that you understand the type of information we collect about you, how it is used and the safeguards we use to protect it. This Privacy Statement only applies to the information collected by or in connection with your use of our products and services.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you contact OVISS Labs Inc., we may collect or ask you to provide certain information in order
to help us manage our relationship with you. This information may include:
- Contact details, such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number;
- Shipping and billing information, including credit card and payment information;
- Your transaction history;
- Information you provide to us to receive technical assistance or during customer service interactions;
- Information about other people that you may provide with any program or services including employee system access;
- Information about your computer or device, including browser type and settings, IP address and traffic data relating to your Internet connection; and
- OVISS Labs Inc. product performance data and information about how you use our products and services.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use Your Information to:
- Create and manage your OVISS Labs Inc. account;
- Create your OVISS Labs Inc. password, when needed to access communications and services;
- Verify your identity and entitlement to products or services, when you contact us or access our services;
- Provide commercial quotes for our products and services;
- Process your purchase transactions;
- Update you on the status of your orders;
- Allow you to register products or services you purchase;
- Manage your subscriptions;
- Provide you with technical and customer support;
- Subscribe you to a newsletter; send product updates or technical alerts;
- Communicate with you about and manage your participation in contests, offers or promotions;
- Solicit your opinion or feedback; provide opportunities for you to test software;
- Research and implement product improvements and product updates;
- Evaluate and improve the quality of our products, and services;
- Provide you with a customized experience when using our products;
- Allow interoperability within our applications;
- Secure our systems and applications;
- Allow for the provisioning of services; and
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Here at Oviss Labs we take privacy and unauthorized access very seriously. Hence we have a strict policy in place for access restrictions to equipment installed at a client’s site. Our access to your surveillance system is restricted for support and troubleshooting only. Tech support agents in our office are the only personnel with admin access. We are not allowed to provide and issue out admin password or access to any personnel.
Access for Sales Advisers: Our sales advisers are not provided any access or user id/login passwords for any of our installed locations. Except for authorized demo locations with limited privileges.
Access for Technicians/Installers: The techs are only provided a very restricted temporary login to TECH user id/login password. This ID is only enabled when a tech is scheduled to visit a site for services and it is completely disabled after the successful completion of that service. Techs on site have no access to admin ID or Login passwords.
Access for Support Agents: Technical Support staff has admin access to your location to make any settings changes. However, viewing of any recording or live video is strictly prohibited unless authorized by the client or a representative of the client’s business for reasons related to support. All connection activity is logged and protected. Even an admin user is not allowed to delete or erase any log activity.
ADVICE TO CLIENT: Client is assigned a user ID labeled “owner” please DO NOT provide this password to anyone else, if you would like your manager or other employees to access the system please call our office to create a separate user id and password for their use only.
Storage of Your Information: The information we collect from you may be stored on servers in the United States and anywhere OVISS Labs Inc., or our vendors operate.
5. MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
We retain Your Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you service. We also retain and use Your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We store Your Information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we collect it.
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy, please:
Write to us:
OVISS Labs Inc.
45600 Fremont BLVD. #710
Fremont, CA 94538